Family Group AA
Descendants of Daniel Buie and John Buie of NC and Union Church, MS
Generation No. 1
1. UNKNOWN1 BUIE He married UNKNOWN.
UNKNOWN BUIE: May be Captain Daniel Buie, d. Revolutionary War
Children of UNKNOWN BUIE and UNKNOWN are:
2.i.DANIEL2 BUIE, b. Abt. 1770, NC; d. January 24, 1820, Union Church, MS. 3.ii.JOHN BUIE, b. Abt. 1770, NC; d. January 07, 1830, Union Church, MS.
Generation No. 2
2. DANIEL2 BUIE (UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1770 in NC, and died January 24, 1820 in Union Church, MS. He married MARGARET UNKNOWN.
Children of DANIEL BUIE and MARGARET UNKNOWN are:
4.i.JOHN3 BUIE, b. Abt. 1790, NC; d. August 07, 1822, Union Church, MS. ii.A. BUIE, b. NC; d. 1871.
Mentions only briefly in Union Church records as "uncle of Daniel Grafton Buie"
iii.ANN BUIE, b. 1794, NC; d. October 05, 1865, Union Co., AR; m. DANIEL MCCORVEY, October 05, 1841, Union Church, MS. No children. DANIEL MCCORVEY is the son of ANABEL "NEPSEY" BUIE and FINLAH MCCORVEY of Robeson Co., NC and the grandson of MALCOLM BUIE and ANN MCCRAINE of Robeson Co. (Family Group C).
3. JOHN2 BUIE (UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1770 in NC, and died January 07, 1830 in Union Church, MS. He married ELIZABETH UNKNOWN.
John and Elizabeth were both charter members at Union Church. John's will was registered 1-10-1826 in Jefferson County and he mentions his wife and children including his son Neill. After carefully examining
the records at Union Church and census reports from Jefferson County, the compilers believe that the Neill Buie who married Elizabeth Torrey in 1836 was John's son, but admittedly this assumption is not infallible. In the Jefferson County marriage bond record, he was listed as "Neill Buie, Jr." but this could mean that he was the youngest of several cousins by the same name living in the Union Church area. Also, the compilers propose that John's son Archibald was the Dr. Archibald Buie who moved to Union County, Arkansas and Joined the Scotland Presbyterian Church on 7-18-1852. Later, on 2-8-1861, he deeded 40 acres to the church for a cemetery. The possiblity that Dr. Archibald Buie was the son of
Daniel Buie (See A. BUIE above) is not completely excluded, but most evidence infers that he was the son of John.
Children of JOHN BUIE and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN are:
i.DR. ARCHIBALD3 BUIE, b. Abt. 1790, NC; d. Aft. 1860, AR?.
The Union Co., AR 1860 census lista a Margaret Buie, age 68, living with him. She was probably a wife or sister.
5.ii.NEIL BUIE, b. Abt. 1802, NC; d. Aft. 1860, Union Co., AR. iii. CATHERINE BUIE. The 1839 Union Church roster listed Catherine as unmarried iv.MARGARET BUIE. The 1839 Union Church roster lists Margaret as unmarried v.NANCY BUIE. 6.vi.JENNETT BUIE.
Generation No. 3
4. JOHN3 BUIE (DANIEL2, UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1790 in NC, and died August 07, 1822 in Union Church, MS. He married NANCY GRAFTON June 01, 1818 in Union Church, MS. Local tradition states that John Buie was a captain of militia and was with Jackson's army in New Orleans in 1815.
NANCY GRAFTON: After John's demise, (Nancy, says Ann in book??typographical errror) married John D. McNair who served as guardian for the Buie children.
Children of JOHN BUIE and NANCY GRAFTON are:
7.i.ANN ELIZABETH4 BUIE, b. May 19, 1819, Union Church, MS; d. MS. 8.ii.DANIEL GRAFTON BUIE, b. March 20, 1821, Union Church, MS; d. October 27, 1881, MS.
5. NEIL3 BUIE (JOHN2, UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1802 in NC, and died Aft. 1860 in Union Co., AR. He married ELIZABETH TORREY December 22, 1836 in Union Church, MS, daughter of DOUGALD TORREY and FLORA GILCHRIST. She was born Abt. 1811 in Jefferson Co., MS.
Neil and Elizabeth moved from Union Church to Union County, Arkansas and became members of Scotland Church in 1850. Their descendants were first presented in 1940 in Lumber River Scots by Angus Wilton McLean, pages 269-276, and more recent information was provided by Mrs. Sadie Buie Trapp of San Angelo, Texas and Claire Buie Chaney of Dallas, Texas.
Children of NEIL BUIE and ELIZABETH TORREY are:
9.i.MARY ELIZABETH TORREY4 BUIE, b. December 20, 1838, Union Church, MS; d. March 02, 1929. ii.ELMIRA BUIE, b. 1840, Union Church, MS; d. Union Co., AR. Never married iii.JOHN DUGALD BUIE, b. 1842, Union Church, MS. iv.WILLIAM BUIE, b. 1844, Union Church, MS. 10. v.DANIEL WEBSTER BUIE, b. February 27, 1846, Union Church, MS; d. June 1932, Coleman, TX. 11. vi.ANNA JANE BUIE, b. 1848, Union Church, MS; d. October 14, 1919. 12. vii.CATHERINE BUIE, b. February 27, 1851, Union Co., AR; d. September 18, 1922. viii.GEORGE ALEXANDER BUIE, b. June 22, 1853, Union Co., AR; d. October 03, 1939, TX. No issue.
6. JENNETT3 BUIE (JOHN2, UNKNOWN1) She married DUNCAN WILKINSON.
No further information
Children of JENNETT BUIE and DUNCAN WILKINSON are:
i.MARGARET4 WILKINSON, m. YOUNG STOKES. ii.JOHN B. WILKINSON. iii.SARAH WILKINSON, m. UNKNOWN MIDDLETON. iv.POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CHILDREN WILKINSON.
Generation No. 4
7. ANN ELIZABETH4 BUIE (JOHN3, DANIEL2, UNKNOWN1) was born May 19, 1819 in Union Church, MS, and died in MS. She married DANIEL MCLAURIN January 26, 1837 in Jefferson Co., MS. He was born October 15, 1808 in McLaurin Mill, Marlboro Co., SC, and died April 10, 1886 in McComb, MS.
Children of ANN BUIE and DANIEL MCLAURIN are:
i.NANCY C.5 MCLAURIN, b. Abt. 1837, MS; m. WILLIAM A. MCLEAN, 1856, Lawrence Co., MS. ii.MARY M. MCLAURIN, b. Abt. 1839, MS. Never married iii.HUGH ARCHIBALD MCLAURIN, b. Abt. 1843, MS. Died Civil War, CSA, never married iv.JENNIE MCLAURIN, b. Abt. 1852, MS. Lived in McComb, MS. Never married v.DANIEL B. MCLAURIN, b. Abt. 1854, MS. Never married.
8. DANIEL GRAFTON4 BUIE (JOHN3, DANIEL2, UNKNOWN1) was born March 20, 1821 in Union Church, MS, and died October 27, 1881 in MS. He married EMILY TORREY, daughter of DOUGALD TORREY and FLORA GILCHRIST. She was born February 07, 1827, and died October 27, 1887 in Union Church, MS.
Daniel Grafton Buie bought Cornelius W. Grafton to Union Church where he served as pastor for 60 years. Daniel Grafton Buie and his family are all buired in the cemetery at Union Church.
Children of DANIEL BUIE and EMILY TORREY are:
i.CLEMENT TORREY5 BUIE, b. January 10, 1847, Union Church, MS; d. March 04, 1858. Mil. ser.: CSA ii.THOMAS CHALMERS BUIE, b. November 18, 1849, Union Church, MS; d. 1851, MS. iii.NANCY EUNICE BUIE, b. January 31, 1852, Union Church, MS; d. August 28, 1855, MS. iv.FLORA JOSEPHINE BUIE, b. March 21, 1854, Union Church, MS; d. December 04, 1873, MS. Never married v.MARY LOUANNA BUIE, b. 1856, Union Church, MS; d. 1884, MS. Never married vi.JAMES EARNEST BUIE, b. September 16, 1858, Union Church, MS; d. July 26, 1869, MS.
9. MARY ELIZABETH TORREY4 BUIE (NEIL3, JOHN2, UNKNOWN1) was born December 20, 1838 in Union Church, MS, and died March 02, 1929. She married ALEXANDER LITTLE FAIRLY December 25, 1860. He was born April 08, 1827 in Richmond Co., NC, and died July 12, 1863.
ALEXANDER LITTLE FAIRLY: Died in Civil War, CSA
Children of MARY BUIE and ALEXANDER FAIRLY are:
i.WILLIAM ALEXANDER5 FAIRLY, b. October 01, 1861; m. LUCY ELLA PATTERSON, December 1886. ii.HUGH JOHN FAIRLY, b. September 12, 1863; m. CORNELIA EMMA GALBRAITH, December 24, 1892, Union Co., AR. Cornelia is the grandaughter of SALLIE ANN BUIE (Family Group C) and DUNCAN BROWN (Family Group R), of Robeson Co., NC. This makes her the gggranddaughter of MALCOLM BUIE and ANN MCCRAINE of Cumberland and Robeson Co., NC (Family Group C) and the gggranddaughter of MARY BUIE and HUGH BROWN of Cumberland and Robeson Co., NC (Family Group R) She is sister to FRANKE E. GALBRAITH, see page 2.