Several persons have sent the compilers their Buie lines; however, no clear connection could be established between them and the family groups presented in this book. Also, there are Buie families noted on census records which have no clear ties with the family groups. These "unconnected" family lines are listed here for completeness. Certainly, further research would establish their relationships to the other family groups.
These families are listed in random order. Roman numerals aid in separating
I. Kelly's McIver Family History mentions the following family stating they lived in Moore County, North Carolina; however, the compilers have not located any other records which mention them. They may have been confused with
Family Group G. See Information on William Buie of Buffalo Creek Buie, m. Margaret McIver, iss: (1) Calvin Buie (2) J. William Buie (3) Margaret Buie, m. Watson (4) Flora Buie, b. 1808, m. John C. Wicker (5) William Priestly Buie (6) Daniel McIver Buie. It is also possible they may be of another surname which was spelled similarly.
II. William Eaton Buie b. 2-21-1913, Port Tampa City, Fla., son of George Oswell Buie and Mary Catherine Austin, d. 12-6-1954 at sea Gulf of Mexico, m. Evelyn May Little, 11-2-1935
iss: (1) Kathleen Zena Buie b. 9-16-1936, Tampa, Fla.
m. James Baldwin, 10-29-1959
(2) William Eaton Buie, Jr. b. 12-2-1940, Tampa, Fla.
(3) Gerald Wayne Buie b. 10-12-1945, Tampa, Fla.
A sister of William Eaton Buie, Mrs. Eva Carter, lived in Port Tampa, Florida in 1962.
George Oswell Buie was both a minister of seven day adventist and was a
blacksmith. He and his wife Mary Cathrin Austin had eleven children.
1. Theodore (Teddy) Oswell 3 Dec1901 to 28 Jan1962 (My Father)
2. Ora Orcelia 21 Sep 1909 to date of death unknown
3. Eva Auwilder 7 Nov 1906 to 21 March 1980
4. William Eaton 21 Feb 1913 to 6 Dec 1954
5. Olen Tift 15 Feb 1915 to 13 Feb 1978
6. Fannie Elizabeth (infant) 13 Feb. 1889 to 13 Feb 1889 (at birth)
7. Jesse Cone 20 Feb 1895 to 4 Feb 1940
8. Mertie Catholine 6 Mar 1891 to 25 Nov 1892 (baby)
9. George Talmage 12 Oct 1892 to 7 Aug 1898 (six yrs old)
10. Authur James 8 Oct. 1897 to 16 Oct 1898 (baby)
11. Andrew Jackson 7 Oct 1904 to 6 Sep 1972
The preceding was taken from the Buie family bible.
From Wes Buie of Fort Worth TX.
The following family ancestors came to Texas by way of Georgia and Florida
Anyone have a missing George somewhere in FL or TX?
I would like to thank Wes Buie for this information. He is presently trying to establish that George Buie is the son f John W. Buie of Georgia. John W. Buie, buried in Roberson Cemetery, McIntosh Co., GA. Anyone care to Help???
III. Wayne Roland Buie b. 3-5-1936, San Diego, Cal., son of George Roland Buie and
Helen May Settle
m. Betty Lou Gormly
iss: (1) Wayne Roland Buie, Jr., b. 5-21-1962, San Diego, Cal.
(2) William Hayes Buie b. 1-13-1965, San Diego, Cal.
IV. John William Buie b. 6-1-1936, Oklahoma City, Okla., son of Thomas Gaddenth
Buie and Laverna Ann Dobbs m. Lola Marie Moultrie, 1-3-1955, Stevenson, Wash.
iss: (1) Linda Marie Buie b. 2-25-1956, Corona, Cal.
(2) Sheryl Ann Buie b. and d. 1-8-1957, Riverside, Cal.
(3) John William Buie, Jr. b. and d. 11-4-1957, Riverside, Cal.
(4) Jim Lee Buie b. 6-24-1959, Portland, Ore.
(5) Pamela Jo Buie b. 9-13-1960, Portland, Ore.
V. Leonard Buie b. ca. 1932, son of Lewis Arch Buie of Memphis, Tenn. and Okla. m. 1 Barbara
iss: (1) Mabel Ann Buie b. ca. 1954
(2) Sherry Buie b. ca. 1956
m.2 Dollie Brindle