Family Group J
Descendants of John Buie
Generation No. 2
2. MALCOLM2 BUIE (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1770 in Cumberland Co., NC, and died Abt. 1845 in Henry Co., TN. He married UNKNOWN. She died in Henry Co., TN.
Notes for MALCOLM BUIE:
In his 1823 will, John left Malcolm a slave named Dave and gave Malsolm's sons Daniel, Archibald and William a slave named Tom. In 1839, Malcolm, then living in Henry Co., Tn, through Ephraim English by power of attorney, acknowledged receipt of Dave. Malcolm must have moved to Tn about 1825 since he witnessed documents conserning his brother John in Robertson Co., TN in 1826.
Children of MALCOLM BUIE and UNKNOWN are:
7.i.DANIEL3 BUIE, b. 06 May 1803, Cumberland Co., NC; d. 15 Aug 1876, Kaufman Co., TX. 8.ii.ARCHIBALD BUIE, b. Abt. 1813, Cumberland Co., NC; d. IL. 9.iii.WILLIAM BUIE, b. Abt. 1817, Cumberland Co., NC; d. Aft. 1880, Henry Co., TN.
3. MARY2 BUIE (JOHN1) was born in Cumberland Co., NC, and died Abt. 1820 in Cumberland Co., NC. She married DUNCAN PATTERSON 04 Mar 1808 in Cumberland Co., NC. He was born 26 Sep 1782 in Cumberland Co., NC, and died 24 Oct 1864 in Harnett Co., NC.
Notes for MARY BUIE:
After Mary Buie Patterson's death, Duncan married Flora Munn. For a thorough and detailed accounting of the Duncan Patterson-Mary Buie descendents, one may consult Adm. Patterson's Highland Scots Pattersons of North Carolina published by Contemporary Lithographers, Inc. in 1979 and available through the author whose lives in Raleigh, NC.
Children of MARY BUIE and DUNCAN PATTERSON are:
i.NEILL3 PATTERSON, b. 12 Nov 1808, Cumberland Co., NC; m. MARGARET ANN ELIZA MCLEAN. ii.RANDALL PATTERSON, b. Abt. 1810, Cumberland Co., NC. iii.SARAH PATTERSON, b. 1812, Cumberland Co., NC; m. (1) UNKNOWN MCDOUGALD; m. (2) JOHN RAY, JR.. iv.CATHERINE PATTERSON, b. 1813, Cumberland Co., NC; m. GEORGE W. RISING. v.MARTHA PATTERSON, b. 1814, Cumberland Co., NC; m. DANIEL MCDONALD. vi.MARGARET PATTERSON, b. Abt. 1816, Cumberland Co., NC.
4. MARGARET2 BUIE (JOHN1) was born in Cumberland Co., NC. She married JOHN PATTERSON 21 May 1813 in Cumberland Co., NC3.
Notes for MARGARET BUIE:
Lived on the Upper Little River, NC.
Some Descendents of Margaret Buie and John Patterson currently live in the Sanford-Broadway section of NC.
Children of MARGARET BUIE and JOHN PATTERSON are:
i.ARCHIBALD3 PATTERSON. ii.DANIEL PATTERSON. iii.EVIN DUBH MHAULA BHUIE PATTERSON. iv.MARY PATTERSON. v.JOHN BUIE PATTERSON.
5. ARCHIBALD2 BUIE (JOHN1)4 was born Abt. 1775 in Cumberland Co., NC. He married MARY 'POLLY' PATTERSON 18 Nov 1807 in Bulloch Co., GA.
Notes for ARCHIBALD BUIE:
Both Adm. Patterson and the compilers have indepentdently concluded that this Archibald Buie of Bulloch Co., Ga. was the son of John Buie of Upper Little River. In fact, early records of Bulloch County include mention of Daniel, John and Sarah Buie denoting that Archibald's siblings lived in Georgia in the 1800's and 1810's.
A James W. Buie, b. 1797 in SC, was found in the 1850 Screven Co., census, but no connection to this group could be established. John w. Buie had two sons, W. C. Buie, b. ca 1828, GA and Augustus Buie, b. ca 1833, GA, who are in the 1880 Screven Co., Census. The Family Buie:Scotland to North America, p. 218
Children of ARCHIBALD BUIE and MARY PATTERSON are:
i.NEAL3 BUIE, b. Abt. 1808, Bulloch Co., GA.
Notes for NEAL BUIE:
No known children according to census
ii.ARCHIBLAD BUIE, b. Bulloch Co., GA.
Notes for ARCHIBLAD BUIE:
No further information
10.iii.JOHN BUIE, b. 13 Mar 1813, Bulloch Co., GA; d. 29 Aug 1894, Bulloch Co., GA. iv.DAUGHTER BUIE. unknown
6. DANIEL2 BUIE (JOHN1) was born in Cumberland Co., NC, and died 1817 in Cumberland Co., NC. He married ELIZABETH MCLEOD 29 Apr 1816 in Cumberland Co., NC5.
Notes for DANIEL BUIE:
Child of DANIEL BUIE and ELIZABETH MCLEOD is:
i.DALINDA3 BUIE, b. Abt. 1817, Cumberland Co., NC; m. GASTON HOLT, 11 Jan 1855, Cumberland Co., NC5.