Family Group I
4. ARCHIBALD3 BUIE (JOHN2, UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1775 in Cumberland Co., NC, and died 1852 in Gadsden Co., FL. He married MARY MCARTHUR in NC. She was born April 12, 1775 in Cumberland Co., NC.
Lived in Tattnall Co., GA, 1800-1825.
Census records indicate additional children including probably an Archibald Buie, Jr., details unknown.
Notes for MARY MCARTHUR:
Daughter of Daniel and Jennette McArthur
Children of ARCHIBALD BUIE and MARY MCARTHUR are:
i.DANIEL4 BUIE, b. Abt. 1800. ii.BARBARA ANN BUIE, b. July 01, 1802. iii.MARGARET BUIE.
Generation No. 4
5. JOHN4 BUIE (MALCOLM3, JOHN2, UNKNOWN1) was born September 1803 in Tattnall Co., GA, and died July 06, 1857 in Henry Co., AL. He married MARY MCKENZIE February 18, 1827 in Gadsden Co., FL. She was born Abt. 1808.
The John Buie and Mary (McKenzie) Buie family is based on available estate records, the 1860 Henry County census, and surviving family records, of which some conflicting information was encountered. The compilers cannot explain the inconstant locations of the children's birthplaces, suggesting only the family may have lived in Alabama and Florida at several different times. Mary applied gor letter of Administration on the Estate of John Buie on Aug. 20, 1857 and it was granted on Oct. 21, 1857.
Children of JOHN BUIE and MARY MCKENZIE are:
i.JAMES ALEXANDER5 BUIE, b. June 1829, Henry Co., AL; m. (1) SUSAN A. YOUNGBLOOD, Abt. 1861; m. (2) FRANCIS BELL, 1890.
Military Record Co. A, 6th AL, infantry CSA. Lived in Henry Co., AL and Early Co., AL
Census indicates two daughters, details unknown.
Notes for FRANCIS BELL: No children
ii.CAROLYN BUIE, b. March 10, 1838; d. February 16, 1892, Henry Co., Alabama1; m. WILLIAM RUFUS KING1, March 06, 1856, in the home of John and Mary Buie (Henry Co., AL); b. January 01, 1834, Georgia; d. February 23, 1923, Houston Co., Alabama.
From King family
Carolyn Buie born 1838, in Gadsden Co., FL, married William Rufus King.
Both died in Henry Co., AL. William Rufus King is brother to Sarah Jane King who married Carolyn's brother Malcolm Royal Buie and son of Michael De Vane King.
iii.WILLIAM W. BUIE, b. Abt. 1840. Died May 31, 1862, killed at the Battle of Seven Pines, Virginia. Co. A, 6th Alabama Regiment, CSA. Many Buies married Kings in this Family Group and I'd like to thank the Richters for clarification. For more information on King Family you can email the Richters Also see Family Group T for information on Malcolm Buie and Barbara King. Barbara King is sister of above metioned Michael De Vane King. iv.MALCOLM ROYAL BUIE, b. September 07, 1841, Gadsden Co., FA; d. September 10, 1924, Smith Co., TX; m. SARAH JANE KING, December 29, 1867, Henry Co., AL; b. 1840, Henry Co., AL; d. 1909.
Military Record, Co., A 6th AL infantry, CSA. Moved to Ellis, Texas from Columbia, AL in 1899.
v.MARY FRANCIS BUIE, b. Abt. 1845. vi.DANIEL C. BUIE, b. February 1846. vii.ELMIRA BUIE, b. Abt. 1852.
The following information came from a family history my Great Uncle Rufus Levi
King did in the 1920s and 30s. He was a Grandson of William Rufus & Caroline Buie King. Also, Mr. Charles Meadows, a Cousin, and Family Historian. Henry Co. Census and Marriage Records. A copy of an old bible record I believe of John and Mary.
The Children of John William Buie and Mary McKinzie Buie;
All of the children were born in Gadsden Co., Florida
1. Margaret Buie, b. 18 Dec. 1827, d. Sept. 1834, Gadsden Co., Fl.
2. Archibald Buie, b. 6 Mar. 1834, d. 13 Mar. 1837, Gadsden Co., Fl.
3. James Alexander Buie, Co. A, 6th Ala. Inf., CSA
4. Daniel Buie, b. 21 May 1834, d. 10 Sept. 1840, Gadsden Co., Fl.
5. Mary Ann Elizabeth Buie, b. 21 May 1836, d. 13 Sept. 1841, Gadsden Co., Fl.
6. Caroline Buie
7. William Wallis Buie, b. 25 Dec. 1839, d. 31 May 1862, Killed at the Battle of Seven
Pines, Virginia. Co. A, 6th Alabama Infantry, CSA.
8. Malcom Royal Buie, Co. A, 6th Ala. Inf., CSA
9. Mary Francis Buie, b. 16 Mar. 1844, d. 6 Apr. 1926, Houston Co., Alabama, m.
William Henry Day on 3 Mar. 1867, Henry Co., Ala.
10. Daniel Calvin Buie, b. 8 Feb. 1847, d. 6 June 1912, Houston Co., Alabama, m.
Makey America Barber on 13 Dec. 1868.
11. Elmira Buie, b. 1 Sept. 1851, d. 16 Jan. 1912, Houston Co., Alabama, m.
Benjamin Berry Barber on 13 Dec. 1868.
This Buie Family Moved to Henry Co., Alabama sometime after 1850 and before
1860. They became very prominent in the Hurricaine Creek area of Henry Co.
Caroline and William Rufus King are buried at Ebenezer Baptist Church in what is
now Houston Co., Alabama. It used to be a part of Henry Co. til about 1905.
Caroline was a well educated person and was active in the Ebenezer Baptist Ch. She also taught school in the area at various times.
Caroline Buie and William Rufus King were married in the home of John and Mary
Buie by Richard McGriff. Richard was an uncle to W. R. King in that he married a
Sister of Michael DeVane King, Father of William Rufus. I have a copy of their wedding
picture taken (see link above) in the late 1850s. From R. Richter